Acupuncture is the insertion of thin needles into specific points called meridians or pathways located throughout the body. Current research has confirmed the existence of these locations that have been mapped by the Chinese for thousands of years. These pathways are connected to our organs, muscles, tendons and bones. Acupuncture stimulates and activates the qi (life force), alleviating the stress, tension, and pain occurring within the area of treatment and promoting self-healing. Ongoing research has shown the effectiveness of acupuncture in the treatment of numerous health problems such as:
- Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds, Respiratory Disorders: Acupuncture and herbs efficiently strengthen the immune system. This allows the body to recover faster using its own restorative ability and have less frequency of illness from respiratory symptoms.
- Arthritis, Joint Problems, Tingling, Numbness: Try an herbal formula to promote blood circulation, dispel fluids accumulated in the joint tissues, and relieve pain and numbness from acute or chronic rheumatoid arthritis.
- Back Pain, Sciatica: Back pain relief from sports injury, car accidents, or general weakness are treated effectively. We also educate about back wellness through understanding body mechanics along with core strengthening exercises.
- Bladder, Kidney Problems: These often occur after pregnancy, a long illness, or general weakness. Understanding the importance of strengthening the pelvic area is key to successful treatment.
- Constipation, Diarrhea: Healthy Bowels equals healthy elimination which is one of the important basic steps to maintain good health. Discover what you need to know about your diet, lifestyle, and exercise to maintain regular, healthy elimination of toxins and waste from your body.
- Drug Addiction, Smoking: Patients with addictions have transformed their lives with clarity and passion while experiencing less withdrawal symptoms and cravings with intensive ear acupuncture, herbal recommendations, and exercise.
- Gynecological Health and Maintenance, PMS, Fertility, Cysts, Fibroids, Fatigue, Irregular Cycles, Unusual Bleeding, Menstrual Pain, Headaches: Time and energy is well spent with acupuncture and herbal treatment for all of the above. Offer yourself intimate understanding with optimal female care and wellness.
- Headaches, Migraines, Dizziness, HBP: Acupuncture needles release different levels of endorphin compounds in the central nervous system. Endorphins are natural pain killers in the body. This mechanism is most widely cited to explain the effectiveness of acupuncture treatments in relieving pain.
- Indigestion, Epigastic Pain, Gas: Acupuncture and herbs are quite effective for this. We can help you have an easier relationship with your digestion.
- Insomnia: Another important basic need for self care and wellness is sleep. The body restores, rejuvenates, and regenerates life force and energy during a restful night of sleep. Herbal and dream therapy with acupuncture can help you regain and maintain your sleep cycle.
- Back, Knee, Neck pain and Stiffness from Car Accidents: Most car insurance companies cover acupuncture treatments. Call or come in for an evaluation and treatment plan.
- General Sprains and Joint Pain (Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist, Hip, Knees and Ankles) Tendonitis, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Herbs, acupuncture, and acupressure activate blood circulation to reduce pain and swelling in joint injuries to maximize healing potential and prevent aggravation of injury.
- Stress, Anxiety, Palpitations: Transform stress and anxiety to an alert sense of relaxation as your body and mind chemistry harmonizes with each acupuncture treatment.
- Weight Fluctuations: Over or Under? Understand your appropriate self and life image with a customized treatment for your unique lifestyle.
Acupuncture treatments should not be painful and the needles are never reused. The number of treatments needed depends on the nature, severity, and length of time symptoms or injury have persisted.